Tales From the Dark Side

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Moving Sucks!

Everything that could go wrong has... almost!

So far - nothing is broken... I think God has something to do with that - or my incredible packing and driving capabilities.

First the weather was brutal - 20+ CM of snow.
My BF's friend that was going to come help move stuff cancelled so it was just J and I.
The bedroom had a major water leak, so Em and her went to get NEW carpet to replace the old stuff and try to fix the problem so I could have a bedroom while I was moving in!
My box spring won't fit down the stairs into the apartment so I don't even have my whole bed.
The windows have exposed insulation and aren't finished so I can't even store stuff on the window sills as there aren't any!
AND my dream kitchen has no cupboard space!!!! AAaahhh!!!!
I have too much stuff and not enough space compared to what I used to have... just a little frustrating.

BUT it is warm and clean since Em and I spent 2 days cleaning. The phone works, the computer is set up, I have TV (sort of) and I need to go to the grocery store...
I still have a million things to unpack - but am down to books and movies and pictures but have no clue where they are going to go as they hang and/or need to do on shelves that I don't have access to at his time.

But I have lots of windows and the bird loves the warmth.
I am trying to stay positive.
I am tired.
Dragonfly 3/03/2005 04:37:00 PM

1 Comments:

When the only positive is that I am warm... what do you think?

Add a comment