Tales From the Dark Side

Friday, March 11, 2005

Something Strange is going on in Bloggerland!

I tried to comment on Vegas' blog yesterday... I was feeling especially inspired and deep... and the damn blog wouldn't post. Today it won't allow me access to his blog at all.

The general comment has to do with the downfall of the internet and blogging as a whole.
MooCow and another of my favourite bloggers called it quits within 48 hours of eachother and I began to wonder if this is the beginning of the end of bloggerdom and the internet that I have heard about.
I have heard rumors that the internet is going to be obselete and that people are returning to the real world - meeting people and spending time with loved ones, crotcheting, knitting, doing family activities - getting outside... of course the GEEK will live forever but with a more life driven flair. I don't believe that people will spend all day attatched to their computers then come home to do the same...

But sharing our inner most thoughts with the entire planet - is that losing it's appeal. Are people (bloggers and LJ'ers alike) pulling the plug on their identities and picking up pens or dialing the phone and actually talking to REAL people and having ACTUAL relationships!

I ask... How long will this charade last?
How long until the Dragonfly, too, flies away? I already weild the mightly pen and dial the daffy phone, but how long until I give up and say to Firefly... just call more often if you really want to know what's going on... cause I can fake this too, you know!!

Vegas...
The question I posed in place of MooCow's - Do you think the internet could be rendered useless or obselete?
Dragonfly 3/11/2005 11:13:00 AM

1 Comments:

Woo Hoo...Comments Again!

I will post the answer to your question soon. Probably Sunday, that way if anyone else wants to ask they can. I guess that is only fair considering the comment system has been down.

Add a comment