Tales From the Dark Side

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The unexpansion of Blogs...

In a boredom experiment from yesterdays blog about blogs becoming obselete, I started searching. I came across numerous blogs that have been left untouched for months and a few with one or two entries and then abandoned altogether.

I know there are many more out there that write daily and have something to say. Others use this as a way to communicate with ROOMMATES (those ones I think strange - get a pad and paper)! Others it is mindless drivel... (mine included). But I started on-line journaling as a way to communicate with a friend in another city as we both worked shift work and found it difficult to have phone conversations that didn't interrupt sleep - very important when dating someone or if you get grumpy from lack of sleep! Then I discovered there are others with the same thoughts / ideas that I have, people who might have insight into what I might be going through... and vice versa.

But the cirles are drawing ever tighter.
People are leaving, or not exploring.
I have even tried introducing "friends" to the game and they don't want to play... so I question the lengths to Blogs future existance.
I still pull out my written journal... I did today... yes, dear Bloggers there are things I don't share. I think we all keep things hidden.

How long until it is only games... SpamBlogging only!
Hasn't it begun?
Dragonfly 3/12/2005 08:39:00 PM

1 Comments:

Nah, I think blogging is still but a child. I mean, one blogger got a book deal from her blog last year. Celebs have blogs. The way we use blogs are changing. The features are changing. Legit magazines are writing about blogs now. We have only just begun.

Add a comment