Tales From the Dark Side

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Where have all the Flowers Gone?

This past week has seen the passing of a dear friend. Sadly VegasGustan has made the decision not to continue with his own blog, leaving many wondering at the price we pay for time spent on-line. (Really? Hasn't it crossed the nether regions of anyone else's brain? Liars)

I started blogging as a means to keep in touch with a friend. We both worked shift work and had "interesting" home lives. Both of us are avid writers and lived a distince from each other. Blogging (it actually started as a LJ) worked well for us.

Along the way, I have managed to pick up a couple of new "friends". Vegas was my first. He helped me to see I wasn't alone and opened me up to the wide world of blogging. After meeting him, I started reading and randomly commenting on more blogs, more often.
I have found many abandoned blogs of yesteryear. I have also made some friends, found people I check in on periodically as well. Some of signed off, some are going strong.
There are many I never comment on. Why is that? you just don't know what to say.

So I challenge everyone who stops in here at Chaotic Dischord...

Just say hi!

I know I've been quiet lately. (Thanks for coming back and checking on me.)
We're all busy, the weather outside is beautiful so who can blame us for going out and enjoying it.
But blogging weather will return soon enough (unfortunately), and then we will need eachother's company more often and once again!
Dragonfly 6/08/2005 08:23:00 PM

2 Comments:

Right back atcha, FF!

Ok.
I have since caught up with the whole Vegas sometimes maybe he'll post, new blog thing. (Which I am excited about) But... it is still sad to see a great blogger leave his original "Home" even if he is coming back occasionally. Ok... I am done.
Hey, I game back. Plus, I never said that i was completely done. Never. I just was confused for a little while. I promise as long as I have a computer and a phone, I'll never fully stop the blog.


Oh, HI!

Add a comment