Tales From the Dark Side

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Sun'll Cone up Tomorrow

Do you ever think about the songs on the radio? Not the music itself but the tempo and mood that song sets.

fast, medium, slow, seductive...
happy, sad, shoot my now, somebody take me to bed and do me til I can't walk...

Right now I am stuck on the station that is somewhere between depressing and comedy.

it's the sad songs that keep running through my head that completely mimic every moment in my life.

Or... idiotic stupid things are going on that only the likes of Jeff Foxworthy or Dennis Leary could possibly sing about with in accuracy.
And no... I will go into no details.
Now is not the time (or place) for details.
I just don't want too.
So stop asking.
And stop pouting.

I am trying to change the station.
I even took the Vanity Project out of the CD player. It hasn't helped.
I need some happy music.
Something I can sing too.
Dragonfly 7/06/2005 09:23:00 PM

8 Comments:

Showtunes are key. Pick your favorite musical and go to town!
Showtunes, interesting. I always like to sing things from "Man of La Mancha". The lyrics in a lot of those songs are really powerful. One that stands out right now is the big one for Don Quixote, "The Quest". It is a pretty magical song.

To dream, the impossible dream
To fight, the unbeatable foe
To bear, with unbearable sorrow
To run, where the brave dare not go
To right, the unrightable wrong
To love, pure and chaste from afar
To try, when your arms are too weary
To reach, the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right, without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach, the unreachable star...

I hope those lyrics helped. If not, go listen to Ben Folds Five's song "Song for the Dumped" It will cheer anyone up.
Hey DragonFly, I just got an email saying that the comment I left you before was undelieverable...I guess you have that "email me if someone comments" thing....I don't know what that means, but I thought I'd let you know!
Me too. Strange.
Oaige and VG - the comments are showing up but the e-mails aren't.

I recently switched addresses and I think it is angry.
Stupid blogger.
did you update the whole thing after you changed the address in blogger? I did that once but didn't re-publish and it got all mad at me for awhile. That might be your problem!

Just trying to help!
Thanks Paige. I did update. Probably twice and I rechecked the spelling on the email addy and updated again.
It isn't sending me anything so I changed it...again.
We'll see what happens now.
Thanks though.
You RAWK!
I don't know what kind of music you like, but the new Gorillaz cd puts me in a pretty happy mood.

Add a comment