Tales From the Dark Side

Monday, July 04, 2005

With Sodden Wings

All I want to do is soar.
Drift through the air, float above the clouds and live the unreachable dream that I crave so dearly.

And everytime I come close to happiness, it seems that there is a raincloud their to attempt drowning me, or at least keep my grounded for another couple of months.

Walking with my Godchild this weekend, she questioned why my ex-BF wouldn't look at us when he knew we were there. She couldn't comprehend the 'broken-heart' that he might have, even though I was fine. The second time we saw him got the courage to go say hi to him herself as she realized he would not acknowledge us.
She now thinks all adults are very strange and it isn't just me.
She has no concept of relationships.
None.
Poor kid.
Now my heart aches for what she is missing as she is in a single parent family with a father who doesn't date.

There is absolutely nothing that I can do at this time to help her.
Helplessness is not something I do well.
In fact I run from it.
I bury my head beneath my pillows and hide for as long as possible.
Reality still sucks.
I loathe the real world.
I long for the clouds.
I long to fly.
I wish I were a real Dragonfly.
Dragonfly 7/04/2005 08:17:00 PM

1 Comments:

FF said it all. I have nothing to add.

*hug*

Add a comment