Tales From the Dark Side

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Her Life in a Nutshell

She isn't happy.
She doesn't want to live with her Dad.
She doesn't want to go to her real Dad's either.
She's only 12.
She'd come live with me, but she'd have to leave all her friends. That's really hard to do when you're 12.
She is really confused. And she wants a Mom.

She thinks the mother of one of her friends might adopt her, because that's what her friend says.
I promised her Mom I would be there for her.

I led her to the number for a children's lawyer in Ontario.
I don't know what else to do.
I don't know...
I can't sleep.
I want to cry...
I don't want to work...
I have been trying to talk to her Dad for months to get him to see that he could lose her but he doesn't seem to care. He told me that he is tired of catering to her... He wants to do his own thing now.

My first instinct is to protect her - but I don't think I should interfere.
Yet, I have.
Indirectly.
It is in her hands now.
She knows she can come here.
Dragonfly 9/20/2005 12:42:00 AM

2 Comments:

do it. take it to court. she needs you. i was in 6 foster homes in two years. thats no way to spend your teenage years. fight for her.
I also agree: adopt her...it'll be grand!

Add a comment