Tales From the Dark Side

Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Christmas Carol

Four weeks left until Christmas. Bah Humbug

I would like to forgo the entire season. Only, it seems that I have no choice but to participate.
Fortunately I have to work.
So, my participation is limited.
Family is going to have to see me on my terms, either before Christmas or after and only for the day and if the weather is bad then they are out of luck.

This is supposed to be the season of love and giving and sharing...
I know that, yet, the memory of every Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day travelling between Dad's Mom's and Grandma's. With a lunch here or there and stopping in at other family or friends...

Being stuffed into the back of a car with my 2 siblings for hours and the fighting that would ensue. Yup - that is what I remember.
Now it is driving for hours alone to get to a family or friends house, spending money on them (that I don't have), to only turn around and drive back to get to work the next day. I barely speak to my family when I am home so it just doesn't seem worth it to me.
We don't gather all together.
And we are not the best communicators.
With eachother.

Christmas is for the kids.
But I don't have any.
Does that mean that I have to be at everyone elses disposal?
Bleh!!!
Can it be January now?
Dragonfly 11/27/2005 09:18:00 PM

3 Comments:

It would be more enjoyable if we didn't have to go to family functions... I enjoy watching the tv shows and movies and I like the music, as corny as it is. But being around family just wears me out, I get tired of people wondering why I'm not married, why I don't have kids, why I live so far away (in a whiny voice). It just takes the magic away. I think it will be different someday when I do have kids of my own, but until then... Sigh...
Just remember that friends are the family you get to choose so choose to spend the holiday with your friends family and not your biological one.
mesabi red: If I could just stay home for most holiday and birthdays I would be much better off... It would help if they listen to me too.

bondgirl: Friends... what friends? Joke!!! I have the privilige of working this year... I am thinking of clelbrating Christmas... um... next year. hehehehe

Add a comment