Tales From the Dark Side

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christine

There are times when I look at my car with love...
And others when I wonder what she does when I have gone to bed.

I mean really...
I do everything right...
I take her for her oil changes...
I don't drive erratically.
I try not to speed.
I got rid of the long-distance boyfriend so I wasn't putting all the mileage on the car (OK that's not why I did it... But it was a contributing factor to the break-up... he didn't have a car of his own) and know I am not putting a million Kilometers on my car every weekend.

But it seems that now I am constantly taking her in to get something else fixed.

But yesterday I found out it needs a major repair... and it will cost me upwards of $500...
This does not please me...
Not at all.

Thus the anguish of the day.

I am afraid that all the money I have been saving for my Y membership will now have to go towards my car...
I really don't know.

The thing was... sitting in the waiting room... a feeling of foreboding came over me and I was fighting back tears... I knew they were going to give me bad news.. I knew the fluid dripping from my car was not something simple... a loosened clasp... a hose gone bad...

actually the drip was something like that.. but repairing it they found something else...
of course I am going to get a second opinion. I have a friend (more than one friend actually - but this one's a mechanic) and I question whether I am the one getting slaughtered or whether my car is killing me.
Dragonfly 12/17/2005 07:45:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment