Tales From the Dark Side

Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Christmas Story

I get to go to work today...
and I am not looking forward to it.
It isn't because it is Christmas Day... it is because I am exhausted...
BC's kids were up before 5:30 and I heard them at 6am... I heard D's guitar strumming at 6:06am... and he broke a string...
I heard them asking to play their new video games...
I heard BC asking if they wanted French Toast for breakfast.

I finally gave up and went upstairs at 8:00 and got my presents - spongebob socks and slippers... very cool...

The cat and the bird got me a book I was looking at... handy that they learned how to shop HAHAHA!!! I'm pretty sure they got a hold of my debit card to pay for it too... how they got my pin umber I'll never know.

I talked to R... she was up early for a preteen... when she woke up at 6am she decided to go back to sleep... she woke up a couple of times before getting her dad up at 8:19am... For someone who doesn't believe in Santa, she loves Christmas... or gifts. Not sure which... but surprisingly enough Santa still gave her presents. She's a funny kid... got lots of music this year... and is pretty happy about it too... that's probably because music is her life.

My Christmas Wish is for 4 more hours of peaceful sleep... uninterrupted...
and then to go to work...
but instead I will go for a quick day at work... then a warm bed... uninterrupted sleep and ....

Best wishes to everyone.
Dragonfly 12/25/2005 09:41:00 AM

1 Comments:

i too had to work christmas morn. not fun. it made me sad to see all those people that were free to do whatever they wanted to do in their lives..and in particular that morning..

Add a comment