Tales From the Dark Side

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Death Becomes Her

I see them everyday.
I see what they have become.
The shakiness, the drooling, the uncontrollable smells.
The lack of personal hygiene and the seeming disregard of such.

I see it and I think
I don't want to grow old.
I don't want to be one of the walking dead... or waiting to die.

I don't want to die now...
I just don't want to be one of them either.

I remember when Grandmere was in the hospital.
She hated what had become of her and longed for her youthful days.
She begged me never to get old.
I didn't understand then.
But now... one year later I do.
I really do.
As I watched a woman drool over her purse today, while looking for her wallet.
She didn't know she was doing it.

I was disgusted and felt bad for her at the same time.
I made me think... and I would like to not get old...

Anyone know the way to Neverland?
Dragonfly 12/04/2005 09:31:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment