Tales From the Dark Side

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What About (Bob) Maggie?

I love Maggie, I really do.
I wanted to keep her for a couple of years after I had finished paying for her (which will be in 2007 - June I think).
But with the temperament of this little car I think she will cost me a fortune after that warranty runs out, and I am destined to let her go.
I just can't afford to take her into the shop every 2 weeks.
Unless I find a guy between now and then who is a registered mechanic and can fix whatever crazy thing she has decided to do this time.

***the Maggie update.
There was nothing wrong.
Her sitting in the driveway, and the tow in corrected whatever bizarre malfunction was going on Friday night.
Of course she started for the Service Advisor (Chris) when he went out there to check. They road tested her, her gauges were working just fine. She WAS shifting funny, so they did a lean test on the transmission and it came back clean. They checked the battery it came back perfect (there was some corrosion on the connectors so they cleaned it off - it should be good again) and they checked the computer - the diagnostic came back as no problems.
So, There is nothing wrong with Maggie.
They want me to monitor her.
Meanwhile I am driving a car I am terrified will leave me stranded in and I feel like an ass for having put them through this... Because I am not making this up!

I don't know... Can I keep this car after the warranty is done and the payments are gone... She is a liability, the money I might have to put into her is scary. I had a Volkswagen like that once. I could have had Maggie paid off by now for the money I put into that VW!

Needless to say... It hasn't been a good week.
Dragonfly 3/08/2006 09:41:00 AM

1 Comments:

Just think though... no payments. Of course, being broken down is worse than having payments again... That's why I had to make the shift to Veronica. It wasn't an easy decision though. I just wanted to not worry about reliability...

Add a comment