Tales From the Dark Side

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Don't mind me...

There are few things I detest in this world...
one of them is Baby showers, the other is wedding showers...
I don't know why.
It might be the social gathering.
It might be the stupid organized games.
It could be the disgusting calorie ridden food and the being forced to wear nametags for no apparent reason and talking to the "guest of honors" great aunt about her giant boil for 20 minutes...

But I hate them.
They take up many hours of your afternoon.
There is the gift that you are forced to buy.
(And as I am never going to have kids I just feel completely ripped off in this area.)
And I don't really want a wedding either - so I am getting screwed again!

This week I got yet another baby shower invitation in the mail - but I have a really great excuse for not going... hehehe... but I can't talk about it... who knows who's eyes are reading this... there's many secrets about!
So I was thinking.. I should have a skinny party. Just to cut some of my loses over the years!
I mean remember the pants I bought not to long ago...
These pants. They're getting a little big... And frankly after the whole Leafs tickets incident I have NO spending money... so why not!

It could be fun...

Invite people over... have cheesy door prizes, veggie trays, and stupid games...
We could do the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease DVD and Everyone could give me gift certificates!

Shut. UP.
It's a great idea.
At least it's a way for me to get new pants!
Dragonfly 4/12/2006 09:48:00 AM

5 Comments:

Um... FF... the party is at your house! you have the better TV!!!
heheheh.... goofball! Pant whore... whatever! *smoochies*
Pants are the important thing, it's true!
Yes! Other people who hate these things! Sometimes I feel like pulling a Carrie cuz' I feel that financially I'm being seriously ripped off by not getting married or having kids. Hell, when my brother got married and then had his first kid, I had about 3 bridal showers and 3 baby showers since I was the sister! Gah! I think my four-legged kids deserve some scratching posts or something!
2DG - yes... pants are important, although not necessary. Most signs say shirts and shoes must be worn, no mention of pants!

Mesabi - Absolutely... when do we get our money back! Sign me up!

Add a comment