Tales From the Dark Side

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Au Revoir, monsieur

Last Night was the final night of my classe de francaise.
It was the oral test and the written exam.

I passed the course... whoo hoo, but I have no idea how.
Then when my "teacher" said he would see me in September for level 3 I said I would not be moving on.
I don't feel I have learned anything, I haven't grasped the necessary concepts to move forward and I don't feel I can speak the language.

Besides...
He's the term 3 teacher.
And he doesn't teach.
He gives homework and expects us to teach ourselves everything then goes over it after we have already the work wrong... These are not the easiest concepts, they are rules after rules and they all have exceptions that aren't necessarily in the book. But we are expected to know them all on our own without guidance. It doesn't help keep your confident.
I stopped caring part way through and that has made a huge difference. I just didn't want to go back. But I persevered.

So I was told last night that I am stubborn and that I was put down too much and as a result I don't have confidence in myself... but he believes in me... (but yet he called my stubborn).
I hated going to that class because he picked on me all the time. He picked on me - but not about the language - it was about being a leafs fan, or drinking Tea, or knowing that caffeine could give headache relief - I got the nickname Dr. Nicole after that one. He picked on me, regardless. The girls said he picked on me because he liked me. But I didn't like it.

I'll check to see if there is a level 3 class that isn't Wednesday nights - the night he is teaching.. if not, then I have no idea what to do. Take Level 2 again or move on to Level 3.
Dragonfly 8/02/2006 09:39:00 AM

2 Comments:

If you didn't enjoy it, and you don't need it for anything, then forget it! Screw that teacher!
I was taking the class as a general interest thing and because half my family is french...

It is something I want to learn. BUt I want to learn it all.. not just half-assedly, you know?

Add a comment